Johannes' squid page
On this page I show you, how to extend your squid proxy server to remove the advertisement banners from most web pages.
To configure your proxy, follow these five steps:
- Append these two lines to your /etc/squid.conf:
- Save the short perl-script squid-redirector.pl
[792B] with permissions root:root 755 to /usr/local/bin/. It will exchange advertisement URLs with
- Save the text-file squid-blacklist.txt [1 kB] with permissions :users 664 to
/etc/. It contains some regexps to recognize advertisement URLs, so you might want to adjust it to your
- Put some files on your local webserver, which you want to display in place of the advertisements. Here is my
collection of transparent pixels in several graphic formats [746B] . Of course, you can
alternatively use your own pictures here - maybe you prefer to see some smileys instead of the ads.
- restart squid (/etc/init.d/squid restart)